Monday, July 22, 2013

Aftermath and the stunning conclusion

Fast forward to the next morning, Friday, January 18, 2013.  Mrs. Frills called me, with feigned concern, of course, and told me that she had sent to my email a copy of the letter she was sending to my doctor. Great.  

The letter basically painted a picture of half-truths about me and my job performance, then went on to state that I was considered a threat to myself and others.  In addition, Mrs. Frills demanded my complete medical history, blah, blah, blah.  

So these demands led to over $10,000 in medical tests and doctor, psychiatrist and counseling visits. All over a 6-month period.  Which is where the diabetes diagnosis came in, which all of my care providers concur were likely a major factor in my anxiety. 

But now we have a new problem:  Post-traumatic stress disorder. Caused by the incident?  I say yes.  Is there anything I can do about it?  Pretty much not. Thanks, Mrs. Frills. You are freaking awesome!  

And, that, my dear readers, is how I am retired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Don't be shy.