Monday, July 22, 2013

The Shunning

So, the past 6 months have been what I think of as a shunning for me.  I know it was unintentional.  I know my colleagues were all buried under a ridiculous workload designed to keep them from having a chance to even stop and think "Hey, these tasks and meetings seem pretty stupid and pointless."  I know people had no idea of what happened and were therefore unsure of what to say to me.  

And ultimately, the lack of contact with colleagues protected them from having to answer any awkward questions they may have been asked about my absence. As far as Mrs. Frills knew, only two people knew the whole truth of what happened to Goldie. 

Also, all the time I was not at work, I was not having a luxurious vacation from life.  I was going to appointments with doctors therapists and attorneys.  I was tracking down information to do what I needed to do to protect my family's best interests, since no one seemed to know anything about what I should do in this situation. I had very few days to indulge my own need for rest and escape.  So don't be thinking it has been a picnic!

Which brings me to an important point I need to make:  I am not telling my story to harm Mrs. Frills.  I am simply telling the truth of what happened. No other protection is available to my reputation to demonstrate that I have not committed some horrendous act, forcing me to leave.  

Therefore, I will tell the truth so that I can move on.  Mrs. Frills probably wishes I would keep my mouth shut and go away, but I can't do that.  If I did that, Mrs. Frills would be totally free to continue to harm others in a similar fashion.  

The good thing about this unintentional shunning, was I rediscovered some old friends, had opportunities to reconnect with some great people, and have begun to make some new friends as well.  I miss my work friends, but I know it can never be the same.  I also know that no one wants to be the next "target" by associating with me.

I understand, and it's ok.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Don't be shy.